Wellness and Preventive Care
We conduct comprehensive exams to evaluate for potential problems and make recommendations for each stage of a pet’s life.
- We Provide:
- Vaccines tailored to the lifestyle of each pet
- Our Patient Services staff take a thorough history of your pet each time you come in for an exam. This is to ensure that your pet is fully protected from diseases that are present in our area. Our doctors will discuss their recommendations, and create a vaccine protocol that is appropriate for your pet.
- Digital X-Rays
- We have invested in state-of-the-art digital radiography in order to provide the best in imaging for your pet. X-rays, or radiographs, help our veterinarians to evaluate musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, pulmonary, gastrointestinal, reproductive, and urinary systems. Often radiographs will help us reach a diagnosis by providing information unavailable by other means. Because the images are digitized, they can easily be forwarded to a radiologist or other specialist for evaluation and consultation should the need arise.
- Digital Dental X-Rays
- We provide a higher standard of oral care by utilizing digital dental x-rays on all of our patients. Most dental problems lie beneath the gumline, and are only visible by radiographs. Dental radiographs allow the doctors to detect problems such as: bone loss, retained root fragments, cysts and abscesses/infection. Dental radiographs may eliminate problems that could cause pain and discomfort for years had they not been performed.
- Ultrasound images are created by using sound waves that bounce off of solid and/or fluid filled structures. These structures include: heart, liver, gallbladder, spleen, kidneys, adrenal glands, bladder, thyroid gland and the eyeball. Ultrasound can be very useful in diagnosing many conditions, such as tumors, cysts, congenital malformations and pregnancy. Ultrasound is a noninvasive imaging test that allows visual evaluation of architecture of the heart as well as abdominal organs without the need for invasive surgery.
- Products for Internal and External Parasite Protection
- Year-round prevention of fleas, ticks, intestinal parasites (roundworms, hookworms, whipworms) and heartworms is highly recommended to keep your pet and family safe. We have a variety of pet safe products to choose from to keep your pet protected. Fleas are prominent in this area, and can not only be irritating to you and your pet, but can cause disease
- Microchip Identification
- We provide microchipping for your pet. This is a permanent form of identification. Shelters and veterinary offices have the necessary scanners that help them retrieve the number and re-unite your lost pet to you. The chip will last the pet’s entire life and it is placed between the shoulder blades under the skin.
- Heartworm and Parasite Tests
- We follow the American Heartworm Society’s recommendations and recommend yearly heartworm testing. Heartworm disease can occur anytime of the year and your pet should be on monthly heartworm prevention. Also, an intestinal parasite exam is recommended every 6 months to help us make sure your pet is free of intestinal parasites (worms) which can cause health problems.
- Flea Control and Medications
- Having your pet scratching all the time can be a bit frustrating in addition to the problems fleas can cause your pet. Keeping your pet on monthly flea control can control the scratching caused by fleas as well as prevent the diseases that fleas can give your pet. We have a variety of products to choose from to make sure your pet is protected and it fits your lifestyle.
What is a PAW Plan? PAW (Pet Annual Wellness) Plans are a comprehensive annual treatment plan for your dog or cat. We offer plans starting from birth and extending through senior pets that include several exams, vaccines, lab testing, deworming and more specialized diagnostics where indicated. With a Paw Plan, you have the ease of monthly, affordable payments rather than payment in full up front. In addition, these plans have a large discount on the services in the plan as well as discounts on preventative products. You save money and make monthly payments. See which Paw plan works for you.