American Animal Hospital Association
- What does being AAHA accredited mean?
AAHA is an association, founded in 1933, of veterinary care professionals that provide voluntary accreditation to companion animal hospitals. They are the only organization that accredits animal hospitals throughout the United States and Canada. AAHA has made a set of standards that are considered the most rigorous published standards in the veterinary industry, with only 17% of veterinary hospitals meeting these stringent guidelines. Our hospital is one of approximately 3000 hospitals that have chosen to be accredited by this organization.
We voluntarily chose to be evaluated by this organization on approximately 900 standards ranging from medical care to client service so that we can provide you with the highest standard of care for your pet. We are periodically reviewed every 3 years to maintain this status. We understand how important your pet is to you so we want to be the best hospital and the best veterinary healthcare team we can for you and your pet.
- Why do you want an AAHA hospital?
- Follows written protocols regarding all aspects of the hospital and the care for your pet
- Required to have diagnostic services, like x-ray and laboratory, to be able to diagnose your pet easily and accurately
- All patients undergoing an anesthetic procedure have their vital signs monitored every 5 minutes by a staff member, results recorded and scanned into the medical record.
- On-site pharmacy, so treatment begins immediately
- Medical records must be thorough and complete
- Access to the most up to date and relevant veterinary information
- Access to “specialists” so if the veterinary care becomes more complicated, your pet continues to get the absolute best care
- All staff required to complete a certain amount of continuing education
- Weekly to Monthly Meetings to keep the staff current on any changes in veterinary medicine to allow us to practice with the most current knowledge
- State of the art technology and equipment
- Thorough physical exam with a written plan on how to keep your pet healthy
- Pain medication is always given to patients who need it
The biggest reason we are AAHA accredited is so that we can provide you and your pet with the absolute best health care you both deserve!